New World Order - Jungle Edition
- Is there a numerical limit to the number of wizards in the world? Why?
- Are different races good at different kinds of magic? If so, what types are associated with what species? Are there species that use magic more or less unconsciously?
- Is a magician’s lifetime normally longer or shorter than average? Why? Does this vary for different races and species? Are there races or species all of whose members are magicians?
- How are illegal magicians apprehended? Punished? Is this the responsibility of the magician’s guild, or do ordinary law enforcement agencies have to deal with it?
- How does a magician tap magical power? Does becoming a magician require some rite of passage or does it just happen naturally, as a result of study or as a part of growing up?
- Are there things such as staves, wands, familiars, and crystal balls, that are necessary or useful to have before casting spells? If so, where and how do wizards get these things?
- Are certain kinds of magic practiced solely or chiefly by one sex or another? By one race or culture or another?
- Does a magician’s magical ability or power change over time?
- Can a magician “use up” all of their magic, thus ceasing to be a magician? If this happens, what does the ex-magician do?
- Can the ability to do magic be lost? If so, how?
- Can the ability to do magic be forcibly taken away? If so, how and by whom?
- What is the price magicians pay in order to be magicians? Years of study, celibacy, using up bits of their life or memory with each spell?
- Is magic a profession, an art, or just a job? What is the status accorded to magicians in this society? Are they forbidden overt political action, or are wizards or the wizard’s guild knee-deep in political intrigue?