New World Order - Jungle Edition
- Given the magical and technological level of this society, what is an appropriate ratio of farmers to urban residents?
- Given the state of roads and transportation, how much food is it possible to ship to a given location before it spoils?
- Are rural areas primarily farms, forests, fields for grazing, or wastelands? In outlying areas where there aren’t many people, how many roads are there?
- How reliable is the weather from year to year? Is crop production relatively dependable, or do people have to cope with regular famines due to drought or floods?
- What kinds of catastrophic weather events are common? Are there tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, waterspouts, dust storms, sand storms? How do people cope? How do non-humans cope?
- How are farming areas divided between humans and nonhumans? What kinds of conflicts are likely (example: expanding human farms encroaching on the forests elves use for hunting)?
- Can common people own their own land, or does it all belong to a lord or other figure?
- What kinds of rights over land, crops, game, and resources does the landowner have?
- How are country dwellers viewed by city folk?