New World Order - Jungle Edition
Rules of Magic
- What things can magic not do? What are the limits of magical power?
- Where does magic power come from? What is its source?
- Is magic an exhaustable resource?
- What does one need to do to cast a spell?
- How long does it take to cast a spell? Can spells be stored for later, instant use? Do spells take lots of long ritual, or is magic a “point and shoot” kind of thing?
- Can two or more wizards combine their power to cast a stronger spell, or is magic done only by individuals? What makes one wizard more powerful than another? Knowledge of more spells, ability to handle greater quantities of mana, having a more powerful patron?
- Does practicing magic have any detrimental effect on the magician? If so, is there any way to prevent these effects? Are the effects inevitable in all magicians, or do they affect only those with some sort of predisposition? Do the effects progress at the same rate in everyone?
- How much is actually known in the world about the laws of magic? How much of what is “known” is wrong?
- What general varieties of magic are practiced? Do any work better than others, or does only one variety actually work?