New World Order - Jungle Edition
- What are the rules of precedence? Who gets to go through doors first? Who gets introduced first in a social setting? In a formal setting?
- Is there a distinction between “formal” good manners and informal, everyday manners? When and where are people expected to be on their best behavior?
- How important are “good manners” in this society? How do “good manners” differ from race to race? How to people (dwarves, elves, dragons) react when someone has just been, by their standards, rude?
- Are people shocked when an “outsider” learns their manners? Patronizing or condescending? Supportive?
- Meeting & Greeting
- How do people greet one another and how did this greeting originate? Is there a special I-am-not-armed gesture for wizards or others with dangerous abilties?
- Is there a difference between the greeting offered to an equal and that offered to a superior or inferior? Between that offered a man or a woman? Between that offered a human vs. a non-human?
- Is there a way of changing a greeting gesture to make it insulting?
- When meeting someone for the first time, how are they greeted? Does this differ if one already knows the person? If you see someone you know on the far side of the street, how do you acknowledge them?
- How are two people who have not met before introduced to one another? What is the order of precedence when there are several people of differing sex, social status, or race present who must all be introduced to each other?
- Are there people or beings who are never introduced to each other? Are “true names” significant, and if so, under what circumstances would someone be given someone else’s true name?
- Are there customs involving the way in which someone is named when being introduced (giving all of a person’s names and titles at the first meeting, but never repeating them afterward)?