New World Order - Jungle Edition
- What services does the government or head of state provide? Schools, wells, courts, an army to protect the people? What services are provided locally or privately? What services do people expect?
- What do people “owe” the government? Taxes, labor, crops, military service?
- Who has the right to levy taxes? For what purposes? On what or on whom? Can taxes be paid in kind, or do certain things always require money?
- Who provides support services for the head of state? What are they called? King’s Councilors, Cabinet Ministers, Secretary of State?
- Are these office hereditary, appointed, career choices, or elected?
- Is the relative power of a country or ruler usually measured by the size of the army, the number and ability of the wizards, or the amount of money and trade flowing through it?
- Who will take over running the government if the current head of state is incapacitated? How is this determined? Is there an heir apparent (either actual or political)? What happens if the heir is a minor?
- Who is responsible for protecting the head of state? Personal guard, Secret Service, an elite group affiliated with the regular military? What safeguards have they got against assassins, poisoning, direct assault, magical attack?
- Who can give orders (to military, to tax collectors, to civil servants, to ordinary folks on the street)? How are such people chosen?
- Are any activities licensed or certified (driving, dog ownership, being an attorney or a physician)? Who does the certifation or license grainting?