New World Order - Jungle Edition
- What dishes are considered to be holiday food? What foods and drinks are associated with particular holidays and events or times of the year?
- When a guest arrives, is food or drink offered immediately, after an interval, or only on request? Is there a particular food or drink that it is customary to offer a newly arrived guest? A guest who is departing?
- How many meals are considered normal in a day? When are they served? Which are substantial, and which are smaller? Are certain foods reserved mainly for a particular meal?
- What dishes would be considered typical of the various areas? What wines or beers?
- Is there a safe supply of drinking water, or do people (including children) drink ale or beer exclusively because local waters are contaminated?
- What foods are considered peasant food? What foods are staples and commonly eaten every day? What foods are rare? What foods are normally cooked and which are eaten raw?
- What is the food like? What herbs and spices are readily available, and which must be imported? How common and expensive are imported foods and spices?
- Do people tend to like highly spiced food?
- How is food preserved for use during the off-season—smoking, freezing, canning, salting, drying? How reliable are the methods used? How often does “preserved” foods spoil?
- When food is limited in supply, who gets first dibs?
- What things are never eaten? Why?
- What foods do non-humans like, and how do these differ from those favored by humans? Are some foods poisonous or distasteful to one species that are delicacies or necessary to another?
- Are any classes of society limited in what foods they may eat? Do special circumstances (such as pregnancy) ever restrict diet? Do religions have any beliefs about food and diet?