New World Order - Jungle Edition
Climate and Geography
- Have human activities affected climate or landscape in various regions? If so, how?
- How does the setting (multiple moons, suns, &c.) affect the climate in various areas?
- How much land is in each of the equatorial, temperate, and polar zones?
- Note: Climate affects landscape through erosion and weathering, the distribution of plants and animals, and soil formation. Winter freezing and thawing may change travel patterns as waterways freeze or flood, or mountain passes close. Weather also affects available sports, like skiing. Are all these things consistent with what you say the climate is like in particular areas?
- Where are mountain ranges? Rivers and lakes? Deserts? Forests, tropical and otherwise? Grasslands and plains?
- If there are mythological animals (dragons, unicorns, and so on) how do they fit into the ecology? How did they come into being? What do they eat? How much and what kind of habitat do they require? Are they intelligent? How common are they?
- Are any endangered species of animals or plants? Is anyone concerned about this?
- What geological formations can affect the weather or climate?
- Where are the natural wonders of the world and where are they?
- Natural Resources
- Which areas are the most fertile farmlands? Where are mineral resources located?
- Which animals, birds, fish, and other wildlife are commonly found in which areas? If there are imaginary animals such as dragons, where do they live?
- Which natural resources, if any, have been depleted in which areas over time?
- Which resources (e.g., coal, oil, salt, iron ore, gold, diamonds, limestone, etc.) are particularly abundant, and in which areas? Which are scarce and where are they scarce? Are there places with major deposits that haven’t been discovered yet, or where such deposits haven’t been fully exploited?
- How much conflict has been or might be caused by these imbalances in resources? How much active, peaceful trade?
- What water resources are available, and for what uses?